Apply for Pension Credit
If you’ve reached the minimum qualifying age you may be entitled to Pension Credit - extra money each week. It comprises two elements - the 'Guarantee Credit' and the 'Savings Credit' (which may be payable from age 65).
How to use this service
Use the links below to download and complete a claim form or contact the Social Security Agency for a claim form.
Download a form
When you reach the qualifying age, you can apply for Pension Credit:
- Pension Credit Application Form PC1
- Pension Credit Application Form continued PC1H
- Pension Credit completion notes
- Help with PDF files
You can download, print and complete a claim form. When the form is complete, you can do either of the following:
- post it to the office shown on the form
- hand it in at your nearest Social Security/Jobs and Benefits office
- Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office
To calculate your payment, the Social Security Agency uses the date they received your form, not the date you downloaded the claim form.
Ask for a form
You can get Pension Credit forms from the Social Security Agency. Contact one of their offices.
Claim by telephone
To make a claim, telephone the Northern Ireland Pension Centre Application Line. Calls are free and the form will be completed for you.