School uniform grant
Grants to help with buying school uniforms for certain categories of pupils are available from the Education Authority (EA) in your region. The eligibility criteria are similar to those used for free school meals.
How to apply for grant?
The Clothing Allowance Scheme covers pupils in primary, post-primary and special schools. It does not apply to pupils in attendance at nursery schools, nursery units or reception classes.
The level of assistance is as follows:
- primary school - £35.75
- post-primary/special school under 15 - £51
- post-primary/special school over 15 - £56
- post-primary/special school PE - £22
Only one clothing allowance per pupil will normally be paid during the school year.
The EA is responsible for the administration of the scheme. Additional information including eligibility criteria and application forms are available by telephoning the EA in your region at the relevant contact number below.
- Education Authority Belfast Region – 028 9056 4239 or 028 9056 4240
- Education Authority North Eastern Region – 028 2566 2571, 028 2566 2572 or 028 2566 2573
- Education Authority South Eastern Region – 028 9056 6319
- Education Authority Southern Region – 028 3751 2523
- Education Authority Western Region – 028 8241 1496
The eligibility criteria are similar to those used for free school meals and this information can be found here: