War Disablement Smartpass
To qualify for FREE fares on public transport you must be in receipt of a regular War Disablement Pension or Guaranteed Income Payment from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency, and be permanently resident in Northern Ireland.
How to apply
Application forms for the War Disablement SmartPass can be obtained from:Translink Ticketing Systems Department
3 Milewater Road
Tel: (028) 9075 9129
Terms and conditions of use
- War Disablement SmartPasses are issued for the sole purpose of providing eligibility for concessionary travel on scheduled services provided by Translink and other operators. A valid working SmartPass must be presented on every journey in order for free travel to be obtained otherwise the full adult fare will be charged for the journey.
- War Disablement SmartPasses are valid on point-to-point cross border bus and rail services, but not valid on journeys made entirely within the Republic of Ireland.
- War Disablement SmartPasses are NOT TRANSFERABLE, nor are any tickets issued in conjunction with them.
- use of the War Disablement SmartPass is subject to the full conditions of carriage of the transport operator.
- the SmartPass remains the property of the Department for Regional Development and may be withdrawn at any time.
- after you have boarded the vehicle and requested your ticket, you should check the ticket to ensure that the details of your journey are correct. If the details are not correct, you should inform the driver/conductor immediately.
- the personal information which you provide on this form will be processed and held by Translink for the purposes of managing and operating the Concessionary Fares Scheme. The Department for Regional Development sponsors this scheme and may use non-personal statistical data collected and provided by Translink to analyse current and plan for future uses of the scheme. The Department may also use personal data provided by Translink to investigate cases of alleged fraud.
- it is the responsibility of War Disablement SmartPass holders to keep their SmartPass in good working condition. If a SmartPass is lost or damaged the SmartPass holder will have to pay for a replacement and will not be refunded for any fares paid in the interim.