Apply for a Funeral Payment
If you or your partner are getting a low income benefit and need help towards the cost of a funeral, you may be able to get a Funeral Payment.
How to use this service
Use the links below to download and complete a claim form or contact the Social Security Agency for a claim form. You should read the notes sheet before completing the Funeral Payment Form.
Download a form
Funeral payment form:
- Funeral Payment Form SF200 (PDF 168 KB)
- Help with the cost of a funeral from the Social Fund (notes sheet) (PDF 146 KB)
- Help with PDF files
You make a claim by printing out a claim form and filling it in. When you have filled in the form you can either:
- post it to the office whose details are shown on the form, or
- hand it in at your nearest Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office
- Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office
Important: The date the claim form is received in a Social Security Agency office is the date we can consider payment from - not the date you downloaded the claim form.
Ask for a form
You can get Funeral Payment forms from the Social Security Agency. Contact one of their offices.