Parkanaur Forest Park
Parkanaur Forest is a mixed coniferous and broadleaved woodland of almost 200 hectares, located four miles west of Dungannon.
There are several way-marked walks and an eco trail starting and finishing at the main car park.
A Touring in the Trees caravan site is located in this forest.
To arrange a special event or activity in this forest, you should apply in the first instance to the Recreation Manager, Forest Service NI at Inishkeen House.
Such activities may include sporting events or educational visits.
There may be restrictions on access to parts of our forests from time to time to facilitate forest operations. Please adhere to safety signage which will be posted for your safety.
About this forest
Before public ownership, Parkanaur Forest was part of the Burgess Estate. The enclosed herd of white fallow deer, the house and gardens are attractive features for the many visitors who come here.
How to get there
This forest is located four miles west of Dungannon on the A4 Enniskillen Road at Quinn’s Corner.
More useful links
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Activity Booklet (PDF 929 KB)
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Guide to Ecotrail (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Guide to Wayfaring (PDF 634 KB)
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Eco Trails Map (PDF 784 KB)
- Ecotrails - Control Card (PDF 15.8 KB)
- Ecotrails - Tree Identification Chart (PDF 65.1 KB)
- Help with PDF files
- Download application form for permits for vehicles and activities in forests (do it online section)