Parkanaur Forest Park
Parkanaur Forest is a mixed coniferous and broadleaved woodland of almost 200 hectares, located four miles west of Dungannon.
There are several way-marked walks and an ecotrail starting and finishing at the main car park.
A Touring in the Trees caravan site is located in this forest.
To arrange a special event or activity in this forest, you should contact the recreation manager at Inishkeen House.
Such activities may include sporting events or educational visits.
Occasionally there may be restricted access to parts of the forest. Please adhere to safety signage which will be posted for your safety.
About this forest
Before public ownership, Parkanaur Forest was part of the Burgess Estate. The enclosed herd of white fallow deer, the house and gardens are attractive features for many visitors who come here.
How to get there
This forest is located four miles west of Dungannon on the A4 Enniskillen Road at Quinn’s Corner.
More useful links
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Activity Booklet (PDF 815 KB)
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Guide to Ecotrail (PDF 981 KB)
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Guide to Wayfaring (PDF 519 KB)
- Ecotrails - Parkanaur Eco Trails Map (PDF 490 KB)
- Ecotrails - Control Card (PDF 22 KB)
- Ecotrails - Tree Identification Chart (PDF 63 KB)
- Help with PDF files
- Download application form for permits for vehicles and activities in forests