Nominations open for school pastoral awards
Date published: 09 November 2017
You can nominate a school for an award to recognise its exceptional pastoral care. Anyone who knows of a school going beyond what is reasonably expected to support pupils facing particular challenges or difficulties is encouraged to nominate it for the Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Award.
What is pastoral care?
Pastoral care in schools is about the support offered to a pupil or pupils by a teacher or school community in relation to the pupil's personal needs, rather than their schoolwork.
All schools are required to have pastoral care policies in place to include such issues as child protection and bullying.
Occasionally there are schools that go above and beyond to make a real difference to their pupils lives.
How to nominate
Nominations for the award should include:
- an explanation of the reason for the nomination
- the type of support offered; and
- why that support was regarded as exceptional
For more information about the award and details of how to nominate a school, visit the page below:
Nominations close on Friday 15 December.
More useful links
- Take care driving in wintry conditions 23 November 2017
- Heavy rain warning - flooding advice and information 22 November 2017
- Slow down and stay safer on the road 20 November 2017
- Using antibiotics wisely is everyone's responsibility 17 November 2017
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback