Women and Medicine during WW1
The conference examines the enormous, often unrecognised contribution made by female doctors, nurses and voluntary medical aids during the WW1, at home and abroad.
- Royal College of Nursing - History of Nursing Network, NI
- Sarah Paterson (Imperial War Museum)
- Sean Graffin (Ulster University)
- Dr Shelagh Mary Rea (Consultant Psychiatrist)
- Dr Clara Cullen (UCD Humanities Institute)
- Trevor Parkhill (Author of 'The First World War diaries of Emma Duffin, Belfast Voluntary Aid Detachment Nurse')
Imperial War Museums - WomensWork100 - film screening
Another event which accompanied the conference was entitled Imperial War Museums – WomensWork100 – Film screening at PRONI. Imperial War Museums showed three short films to mark International Women’s Day and the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918.