Large scale vector
Vector mapping is a digital representation of topographic map features with attributed points, lines and polygons. OSNI Largescale vector data contains 190 feature types or levels, known as attributes.
What is Large scale vector?
This data is produced from the OSNI Largescale digital database and is the most widely used OSNI product. There are 17,335 individual tiles covering all of Northern Ireland surveyed at either 1:1,250 or 1:2,500 scales.
Large scale vector is supplied either as predetermined tiles or as a bespoke clip out centred on a site specific area.
- complete coverage of Northern Ireland, with rural areas surveyed at 1:2,500 scale and built up urban areas surveyed at a more detailed scale of 1:1,250
- the most detailed mapping data in the OSNI product range
- the topographical data model and structure allows the data to be queried and analysed in Geographic Information (GI) software
- other vector, raster and address data, including your own datasets, can be used to increase functionality
- all data is referenced to the Irish Grid and is capable of transformation to other reference systems
- spatial queries
- geo-demographic analysis
- distance and area measurement
- property conveyancing
- planning and resource management
- land registration
- generation of paper products and bespoke cartographic representation
- can be viewed scale free in suitable GI software
- available in a range of data formats - ntf, dxf and dwg
- ESRI Geodatabase and MapInfo tab formats available for full Northern Ireland coverage only
- detail is continually updated by field surveyors and photogrammetrists on a daily basis
- typical file size per tile 1MB
- area covered by 1:1250 tile 0.6.km x 0.4km
- area covered by 1:2500 tile 1.2km x 0.8km
- bespoke user defined area available