The history of witchcraft, magic and the devil
To mark the publication of Dr. Andrew Sneddon's book on the Islandmagee witchcraft trial, PRONI hosted a conference examining various aspects of belief in the supernatural in Ireland, before the 20th century.
- Introduction - Dr. Andrew Sneddon
- Portrayals of Gender and Sexuality in Early Modern English and European Witchcraft Imagery - Cara Hanley
- Mary Butters, the Carnmoney Witchcraft Case, 1807-08 - John Fulton
- Demonic Possession, Exorcism and Catholic Clergy in Pre-Famine Ireland (part 1) - Jodie Shevlin
- Writing the History of Witchcraft and Magic in Ireland (an overview) - Dr. Andrew Sneddon