Decade of Centenaries
Decade of Centenaries remembers the events which took place from 1912 to 1922, including the First World War and the Easter Rising.
1912 to 1922
Decade of Centenaries remembers the events which took place from 1912 to 1922, beginning with the signing of the Ulster Covenant in 1912 and ending with civil war and the partition of the island in 1922. The events which took place in Ireland and worldwide, including the First World War and the Easter Rising, made this an era of change, conflict and great social upheaval.
PRONI is co-ordinating the Department for Communities contribution to Decade of Centenaries.
The key centenaries being remembered during this period include
- Ulster Covenant 2012
- Titanic 2012
- 400 years from the Plantation of Ulster 2013
- First World War 2014 to 2018
- Easter Rising 2016
- Battle of Jutland May 2016
- Battle of the Somme July 2016
- Rise of the Labour Movement
- Lloyd George’s Convention 2017to 2018
- Universal Male and limited Women’s Suffrage 2018
- General Election 2018
- Treaty of Versailles 2019
- War of Independence 2019 to 2021
- Government of Ireland Act 2021
- Civil War and Partition 2022