Countries or territories subject to additional measures - ‘red list’ countries
If you arrive in Northern Ireland having been in, or transited through one of the countries below in the previous 10 days, you must:
- complete the UK passenger locator form
- provide evidence of a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test
- from 16 April, enter managed isolation (hotel quarantine) for 10 days - the day you arrive will be treated as day zero
This is vital to reduce the risk of COVID-19 variants being introduced to Northern Ireland.
The countries on the red list include:
- Cape Verde
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- French Guiana
- India (from 4.00 am on 23 April)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Connecting flight in Great Britain or the Republic of Ireland
If you are travelling back to Northern Ireland from a red list country, via Great Britain or the Republic of Ireland, even if this is just to change flights in an airport, you must follow any requirements that have been introduced for that country.
This may include managed hotel isolation.
Further information by country is at: