Download the report
You can download the full report at the link below:
Smoking is responsible for more deaths each year than drugs, alcohol, road accidents, obesity and suicide combined.
Two vaccination programmes provide protection against the different strains of meningococcal disease, which can cause meningitis (an infection of the protective membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord) and septicaemia (blood poisoning), which are serious and potentially fatal illnesses.
- Meningococcal B (Men B) vaccination programme for babies
- Men ACWY vaccination programme for teenagers and students
In Northern Ireland, almost one in five adults consume alcohol at levels above the previous guidelines:
- three to four units a day for a man
- two to three units a day for a woman
- Low risk drinking
- Young people and alcohol – what are the risks?
- Alcohol and smoking in pregnancy