Changes to PRONI services
PRONI has made a number of changes to its public services in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic.
Onsite services at PRONI
PRONI is open to the public by appointment only.
You will need to request a new research appointment at PRONI to view original records/microfilms.
To minimise the risks to staff and visitors during the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, changes to onsite service delivery include:
- public access to PRONI by appointment only
- new document retrieval and delivery processes to minimise physical contact
- everyone visiting the PRONI building will be required to wear a face covering in public areas at all times, except when eating/drinking refreshments at one of the tables provided on the ground floor
- signage to help with social distancing and to remind visitors to practice good hand hygiene
- enhanced cleaning processes throughout the PRONI building
During your pre-booked research appointment you will be able to:
- use the lockers and toilets on the ground floor
- order and view original records
- access the Search Room and printed/digital reference material
- seek advice from staff onsite about searching for records and using the facilities at PRONI
- use your own laptop or tablet with free WiFi available
- take photographs of appropriate records using your mobile phone, tablet or personal digital camera
- place copy orders (preferably paying by contactless credit/debit card)
- use the designated seating areas on the ground floor to take a break from your research, or to consume food and drink which you have brought with you
The Heritage Café will be closed until further notice.