Changes to PRONI services
PRONI has made a number of changes to its public services in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic.
Onsite services at PRONI
PRONI is open to the public by appointment only.
Registered PRONI visitors can request a new research appointment at PRONI (to view original records/microfilms).
To minimise the risks to staff and visitors during the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, changes to onsite service delivery include:
- public access to PRONI by prior appointment only
- new document retrieval and delivery processes to minimise physical contact and to allow for a period of quarantine before and after records have been consulted
- everyone visiting the PRONI building will be required to wear a face covering in public areas at all times, except when eating/drinking refreshments at one of the tables provided on the ground floor.
- signage to help with social distancing and to remind visitors to practice good hand hygiene
- enhanced cleaning processes throughout the PRONI building
During your pre-booked research appointment you will be able to:
- use the lockers and toilets on the ground floor
- view available records which you have pre-ordered
- use your own laptop or tablet with free WiFi available
- take photographs of appropriate records using your mobile phone, tablet or personal digital camera
- place copy orders (paying by contactless credit/debit card only)
- use the designated seating areas on the ground floor to take a break from your research, or to consume food and drink which you have brought with you
The following PRONI services will be temporarily unavailable:
- seeking advice from staff onsite about searching for records (you can still contact staff by email or letter via the PRONI enquiry service)
- ordering additional records during your visit
- using the self-service digital scanners and microfilm printers to copy records
- making cash payments
- there is no access to the Search Room or any printed reference material/resources therein (up to five self-service microfilms may be pre-ordered when requesting a research appointment).
- there is no access to the GRONI terminals
- the Heritage Café will be closed until further notice