How it works
The assured skills programme offers pre-employment training to give you the skills needed to compete for new employment opportunities.
It works with a large number of global companies that have current job vacancies available and offers pre-employment training specifically tailored to meet the skills needed for those jobs.
If you successfully complete an assured skills academy training programme, you will be offered a job interview with the recruiting company.
The following training academies are now open for application.
TP ICAP Financial Services Academy
Training opportunities are now available for graduates interested in working in financial services.
TP ICAP is a global firm of inter-dealer brokers, operating in the financial, energy and commodities markets.
To take part in the academy, you must be a graduate in any degree discipline. No experience is needed.
Apply online at TP ICAP Financial Services Academy. The closing date for applications is 12.00 pm on Friday 25 May.
Deloitte Transformation, Finance and Technology Academy
If you're a graduate, a six-week training programme is available to give you the skills and experience to work for Deloitte.
The roles on offer through this academy are:
- transformation services: offering programme management and change management support o clients through major transformations on a local, regional and global scale
- financial controller group: managing project financials for large and commercially complex projects by giving support throughout the project lifecycle, from advising on pricing models to maximise profitability through proactively managing financial and commercial risks on engagements
- workday: offering advice and support to our clients on the implementation of world leading workday cloud solution
Apply online at Deloitte Academy. Applications will close on 1 June.
If you successfully complete the training, you will gain industry-recognised qualifications and a potential offer of employment.
The selection process will include online aptitude tests, submission of a CV and an interview. You must be available for interview on 13 June.
Training will take place in Greater Belfast from 23 July.
Previous graduates who have taken part in academies have secured full-time jobs in diverse areas such as:
- data analytics
- human resources
- financial services
- legal services
- export sales and marketing
- software development
- software testing
- software engineering
- cyber security
- 2D animation
- game development
Your existing qualifications are important but, whatever your vocational area, the companies involved in the training programmes want employees with the drive and determination to succeed and a positive attitude to take on new challenges.
When in training you:
- will receive a weekly training allowance of £150
- will be reimbursed weekly travel expenses
- may be eligible for child care allowance
Register your interest
To receive updates on new academy opportunities as they arise, or to find out more about the assured skills training programme, contact the Department for the Economy – Employer Skills Branch.
To find out how your information will be managed, you can view the privacy notice for Assured Skills.
Assured skills training academy video
To learn how a training academy can help graduates, watch the Assured skills video.