How it works
The assured skills programme offers pre-employment training to give you the skills needed to compete for new employment opportunities as they arise.
It works with global companies that have current job vacancies available and offers training specifically tailored to meet the skills needed for those jobs.
If you successfully complete an assured skills academy training programme, you will be offered a job interview with the recruiting company.
The training academies below are open for applications.
Customer Protection Academy
If you want to kick-start a banking career in an analytics team, training opportunities are now available in the North West.
To take part in the four-week training academy in Danske Bank's Customer Protection Centre you need:
- six GCSEs at Grade C or above (including English and Maths)
- three A Levels (any subject)
- to be able to learn quickly and pick up new skills
No experience is needed.
Applying to the academy
Apply online at Customer Protection Academy by midnight 20 January.
Technology Services Academy
A training opportunity is now available for graduates interested in working in the insurance industry.
The five-week Alchemy Technology Services Academy will give you the technology skills and qualifications in demand in the insurance industry and help you bridge the gap between university and work.
The core modules you'll study will depend on your specific role but may include:
- introduction to Alchemy Technology Services
- insurance foundations
- consulting skills
- object oriented programming
- advanced SQL
- insurance software product training and certification
- London market certification
Previous experience is not needed.
You must have at least a HND in an IT-related discipline.
- a good academic result from a third level institution - such as a BSc in Computer Science, or a degree in a Business / Finance discipline with technology included
- any European language skills
- experience in Java, .Net, C# or C++ and an awareness of Object-Oriented Design principles
Applying to the academy
Learn more and apply online at Alchemy Academy by 12.00 pm on 23 January.
If you're interested in becoming a welder, pre-employment training opportunities are now available in Southern Regional College and North West regional college.
The academies include a five-week training course, followed by two weeks' placement in a company.
Job offers will be available to people who:
- successfully complete the training course
- successfully complete the company placement
- provide satisfactory employment references
- pass the job interview
Southern Regional College
Training will take place in Southern Regional College, Portadown.
There are job opportunities with:
- Walter Watson Ltd, Castlewellan
- Annard Ltd, Loughgall
North West Regional College
Training will take place in North West Regional College, Limavady.
Job opportunities are available with:
- GES Ltd, Londonderry
- MIM-NI Ltd, Maydown
- MS Engineering, Limavady
- Roe Engineering Ltd, Coleraine
- McCauley Trailers Ltd, Toomebridge
- Crossland Tankers Ltd, Maghera
Applying to a welding academy
You must be over 18 to apply.
Apply online at the relevant link below:
- Welding Academy - Southern Regional College by 12.00 pm on 25 January
- Welding Academy - North West Regional College by 12.00 pm on 8 February
Software Testers Academy
Training opportunities are now available to gain industry-recognised skills and experience needed to work in software testing.
The Academy includes a ten-week intensive training course in Belfast Metropolitan College - e3 Springfield Road Campus, followed by a four week placement in one of the following companies:
- Applied Systems
- Aurion Learning
- First Derivatives Plc
- Fluent Technology
- Made to Engage
Applying for the Software Testers Academy
You must be over 18 and have a 2:2 degree in any discipline or a HND in an IT related subject to apply.
The selection process will include an online aptitude test and an interview.
Apply online at Software Testers Academy by 4.00 pm on 1 February.
Jobs secured through previous academies
Previous graduates who have taken part in academies have secured full-time jobs in diverse areas such as:
- data analytics
- human resources
- financial services
- legal services
- export sales and marketing
- software development
- software testing
- software engineering
- cyber security
- 2D animation
- game development
Your existing qualifications are important but, whatever your vocational area, the companies involved in the training programmes want employees with the drive and determination to succeed and a positive attitude to take on new challenges.
When you're in a training academy, you:
- will receive a weekly training allowance of £150
- will be reimbursed weekly travel expenses
- may be eligible for child care allowance
Register your interest
To receive updates on new academy opportunities or to find out more about the assured skills training programme, contact the Department for the Economy – Employer Skills Branch.
To find out how your information will be managed, you can view the privacy notice for Assured Skills.
Assured skills training academy video
To learn how a training academy can help graduates, watch the Assured skills video.