The 1:10,000 scale raster is available as regular tiles or a bespoke site-centred area.
1:10,000 scale mapping is available as paper plots or as digital raster data.
Raster mapping is the simplest form of digital mapping. The raster data is geo-referenced to the Irish Grid so it can be viewed in the right geographical position using GI software.
Bespoke paper plots can be centred on a site-specific area in landscape orientation and are printed at A* paper size. Paper plots of 1:10,000 scale mapping show Irish Grid lines and coordinates directly on the map.
- this raster product has been derived from OSNI Largescale data
- clear and detailed information showing many topographical features and includes road, street and administrative names
- geo-referenced: Irish Grid co-ordinates can be found for any point on the map using GI software and can be used with other OSNI mapping and address data such as Pointer
- bespoke 1:10,000 scale raster mapping is generated directly from the most up-to-date OSNI Largescale database
- the 1:10,000 scale raster tiles are updated annually in line with OSNI map revision policy
- ideal mid-level scale for background mapping
- data analysis
- environmental analysis
- development and land use planning
- can be overlaid with customer geographical, address or business data
- can be displayed on almost any GI and graphics software
- fully edge-matched
- high resolution - 600dpi
- supplied in uncompressed tiff format complete with tiff world files (tfw) to geo-reference
- supplied in enhanced compressed wavelet (ecw) format complete with world files (eww) to geo-reference
- supplied as bespoke user defined areas or in tiles covering a quarter of an Irish Grid sheet, average file size is 12MB
- area covered by each tile 4.8km x 3.2km