Skip to content

Report a problem with a street light or traffic light

Transport NI (formerly known as Roads Service) is the body responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of both street and traffic lights in Northern Ireland. You can report a fault to Transport NI (formerly known as Roads Service) by writing to the appropriate contact address or by telephone (for emergencies only), email, or by using the link below.

In order for Transport NI (formerly known as Roads Service) to correctly locate the faulty light for a prompt repair, it would be helpful if you could let them know the

  • town
  • road or street name
  • nearest house number
  • column number (on yellow and black label), if known
  • details of the fault, for example ‘not working at night’, ‘lit during daylight’, ‘column door missing’, or ‘traffic accident damage’

Additional information about street lighting

The Transport NI (formerly known as Roads Service) response time depends on the nature of the fault.  Electrical hazards such as missing column doors receive the quickest response.  You can find out more information about street lighting using the link below:

Reporting a problem with traffic lights

To report a problem with traffic lights, contact Transport NI (formerly known as Roads Service) and provide them with information on the location of the traffic light and the type of fault. Where possible, you should include the name of the nearest side road or landmark to help pinpoint the location.

Northern Division

County Hall
Castlerock Road
BT51 3HS
Telephone: 0300 200 7891
After hours telephone: 028 7035 3202

Southern Division

Marlborough House
Central Way
BT64 1AD
Telephone: 0300 200 7892
After hours telephone: 028 3752 9500

Eastern Division

4 Hospital Road
Telephone: 0300 200 7893
After hours telephone: 028 9025 3000

Western Division

County Hall
Drumragh Avenue
BT79 7AF
Telephone: 0300 200 7894
After hours telephone: 028 8224 1999