Skip to content

Youth Service Funding

The Department of Education does not provide funding to youth organisations directly. However, it provides funding to the Education and Library Boards and to the Youth Council, which is then distributed to youth organisations.

How to apply for funding

Voluntary youth organisations can register with and apply for funding via their local Education and Library Board.

Regional Voluntary Youth Organisations can apply for grant aid towards their administration via the Youth Council. The Youth Council 'Young People Focused' Regional Voluntary Youth Organisation funding policy came into effect from 1 April 2009.

Further information on this can be found on the Youth Council website.

More useful links