Disabled Persons Allowance - Rates
Where a property has been suitably adapted or has additional features to meet the special needs of a resident disabled person, there is an entitlement to a 25 per cent reduction in your rates.
Do you qualify for Disabled Persons Allowance?
This allowance is not means tested. Therefore you do not need to provide information about your income and savings to be eligible.
It is an entitlement to a 25 per cent reduction in rates for any household where both the following criteria are met:
- a person with a disability lives
- where the property has been adapted or has additional facilities added
There must be a clear link between how the property has been adapted and the disability or the Disabled Persons Allowance (DPA) will not be paid.
Criteria for adaptations
The property must be adapted to meet the needs of a person with a disability who lives in your home. The types of adaptations that qualify are:
- a room, other than a kitchen, bathroom or toilet, which is mainly used by the person with a disability for treatment or therapy
- an extra kitchen for the person with a disability
- an extra toilet for the person with a disability
- an extra bathroom
- sufficient floor space to use a wheelchair easily
How to apply
To apply, the person who pays rates on the property must submit an application form. You can find this form using the attached link:
This is a writeable document, which means that you can complete on screen, print and send to the LPS address below. Alternatively, you can save the document to your desktop, complete the form and send as an attachment to the e-mail address below.
You can also get the form by contacting LPS as follows:
- phone: 0300 200 7801 (charged at local rate)
- textphone: 1800 1101
- email: email@example.com
Or by writing to:
Land & Property Services
Disabled Persons Allowance
27 - 45 Great Victoria Street
Information required for the application form
The following supplementary information will be requested:
- some information about the disability along with any supporting medical evidence you have
- Land & Property Services (LPS) will also ask the person with a disability to give them permission to contact (if necessary) their GP or health professional
- details of the adaptations that have been made to your home
A member of the Disabled Persons Allowance team may visit your property to see how it has been adapted. Please tell LPS on the application form if you would like an interpreter to be present during the visit to the property.
If you apply for help, you must still pay your rate bill while your application is being assessed. If your application is successful LPS will refund the amount you have overpaid or credit the amount due to your account.
You can use the link below to access the Benefits Adviser. You can input your details to see what other benefits you may be entitled to:
A list of planned outreach events and campaigns can be found by clicking on the following link: