What can Child Maintenance Choices do for me?
Child Maintenance Choices provide impartial information and support to help you decide on the best maintenance arrangement for you and your family.
Who do they help?
Child Maintenance Choices can help:
- parents separated from each other and responsible for the main day-to-day care of a child
- parents living apart from their child and not the main day-to-day carer of the child
- guardians, relatives and anyone else with an interest in child maintenance issues
How can this help me?
Child Maintenance Choices can:
- talk you through the options for putting in place a child maintenance arrangement if you don’t already have one
- help you to check if the child maintenance arrangement you already have is the right one for you and your child
- provide an approximate assessment of potential maintenance rates/contributions under the statutory maintenance scheme
Translations of the Introduction to Child Maintenance Choices leaflet can be downloaded from the following links:
- Introduction to Child Maintenance Choices - Chinese (PDF 198 KB)
- Introduction to Child Maintenance Choices - Polish (PDF 259 KB)
- Introduction to Child Maintenance Choices - Portuguese (PDF 193 KB)
- Introduction to Child Maintenance Choices - Romanian (PDF 207 KB)
- Introduction to Child Maintenance Choices - Latvian (PDF 295 KB)
- Help with PDF files
What information is available to help with other issues related to child maintenance?
Parents who live apart often need to deal with difficult practical issues linked to child maintenance such as:
- working arrangements
The Child Maintenance Choices team are not experts in these issues, but can give you information about them and also put you in touch with organisations that can help.
More useful links
- An introduction to Child Maintenance Choices (PDF 324 KB)
- Child maintenance - getting started guide (PDF 693 KB)
- A Health professional’s guide to Child Maintenance (PDF 504 KB)
- Help with PDF files
- Citizens Advice Northern Ireland (contacts section)
- Gingerbread NI (contacts section)
- Colin Neighbourhood Partnership website
- Community Direct website
- Relate NI website