On this page you will find featured government consultations that are currently running.
Consultation on a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for Northern Ireland
The Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (DHSSPS) is seeking your views on how a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for Northern Ireland would be set up and managed.
The consultation document looks at five areas and the different options and proposals that could be used. The five areas are:
- management and funding models
- medical staffing models
- target patient groups
- home base locations
- collaboration with other services
A series of public consultation events will also be held to discuss the key HEMS issues
- Ballymena - Adair Arms Hotel at 7.00 pm on 30 November 2015
- Belfast - Stormont Hotel at 7.00 pm on 2 December 2015
- Londonderry - City Hotel at 7.00 pm on 6 January 2016
- Irvinestown - Manor House Hotel at 7.00pm on 11 January 2016
You can download documents and find out more, including how to respond and more information on the consultation events on the DHSSPS website.