On this page you will find featured government consultations that are currently running.
Consultation on the draft Telecommunications Strategy 2015-2017
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) is seeking your views on the draft Telecommunications Strategy ‘Continuing to Connect’ for 2015-2017.
The consultation document asks:
- what role has DETI in ensuring our telecommunications is the best in the UK and Europe
- how should Government target its support to the telecommunications market, given the existing budgetary pressures
- is there a need to better inform and educate people on broadband and mobile options and their use
You can download documents and find out more, including how to respond on the DETI website.
Deadline for response - 5.00 pm 31 July 2015
Consultation on Human Trafficking
The Department of Justice is seeking your views on a draft Northern Ireland Human Trafficking and Exploitation Strategy for 2015/16.
The purpose of the draft strategy is to raise awareness of human trafficking and slavery-like offences in Northern Ireland and to reduce the number of offences. The draft strategy aims to 'equip Northern Ireland to drive out human trafficking, slavery and forced labour'. This aim is supported by four priorities:
- pursue (effective detection, disruption, investigation and prosecution of offenders)
- protect and support (provision of effective protection and support and improved identification of victims)
- prevent (prevent and reduce risk of human trafficking and exploitation in Northern Ireland)
- partnership (effective partnership response to human trafficking and exploitation)
You can download documents and find out more, including how to respond on the DOJ website.