Skip to content

Apply for Over 80 Pension

The Over 80 Pension is a state pension for people aged 80 or over who have little or no State Pension. Unlike other state pensions, it's not based on National Insurance contributions.

How to use this service

You can download and complete a claim form. You can also ask the Social Security Agency for a claim form.

Download a form

Help for people aged over 80.

When you have filled in the form you can do either of the following:

When calculating payment, the Social Security Agency uses the date they receive your claim form, not the date when you downloaded the form.

Ask for a form

You can get Over 80 Pension forms from the Social Security Agency.

More useful links