Apply for Over 80 Pension
The Over 80 Pension is a state pension for people aged 80 or over who have little or no State Pension. Unlike other state pensions, it's not based on National Insurance contributions.
How to use this service
You can download and complete a claim form. You can also ask the Social Security Agency for a claim form.
Download a form
Help for people aged over 80.
When you have filled in the form you can do either of the following:
- post it to the office shown on the form
- hand it in at your nearest Social Security/Jobs and Benefits office
- Social Security/Jobs and Benefits office (contacts section)
When calculating payment, the Social Security Agency uses the date they receive your claim form, not the date when you downloaded the form.
Ask for a form
You can get Over 80 Pension forms from the Social Security Agency.
- Northern Ireland Pension Centre - State Pension (contacts section)
- Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office (contacts section)
- Benefit Shop Castle Court (contacts section)