Apply for a Crisis Loan
A Crisis Loan is an interest-free loan which can provide financial help in an emergency or disaster. You don't have to be on benefits to qualify.
How to apply
There are three ways to apply for a Crisis Loan:
- Call the Crisis Loan Claim Line
- Use the link below to complete a form, returning it to your local Jobs & Benefits office/Social Security Office
- Contact the Social Security Agency to ask for a form
Claim by Phone
To make a claim, ring the Crisis Loan claim line freephone number. A Social Fund officer will process your claim over the telephone.
Complete a form
You make a claim by either completing a form online and printing it out. Or you can download your form and fill it in by hand. Your completed form should then either be:
- posted to your local Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office
- handed into your local Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office
Crisis Loan form
Important: The date the claim form is received in a Social Security Agency office is the date we can consider payment from - not the date you downloaded the claim form.
Ask for a form
You can also get Crisis Loan forms from the Social Security Agency. Contact one of their offices.
- Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office (contacts section)
- Benefit Shop Castle Court (contacts section)