Answer questions anonymously online about your savings, income and outgoings, to get benefit advice, for you / your family or for someone else.
You can use the Benefits Adviser to:
- check which benefits you may be able to get
- get an estimate of the benefits, tax credits or pension that may be available
- compare estimates if your situation changes
- save your answers for up to seven days
- download / print results for reference
- List of benefits and tax credits covered by the Benefits Adviser
You may find it useful to have the following information to hand before you start:
- earnings, for example, wages slips
- benefit / pension details
- outgoings, for example, Rates, rent / mortgage, childcare payments
- your local housing allowance rate, if you rent a property from a private landlord
If you leave benefits adviser
If you leave the benefits adviser, you’ll get ‘timed out’ at 20 minutes and have to start again.
Not suitable for everyone
The Benefits Adviser may not be suitable for everyone. If you are in one of the following groups, prisoners, non-UK nationals, students, under-18s or those permanently in residential care or nursing home, please choose from the page options for more useful information:
- Information for prisoners
- Information for non-UK Nationals
- Student finance (education, learning and skills section)
- Money (young people section)
- Residential care and nursing homes and benefits (health and well-being section)
Find out about benefits and tax credits now.