Public appointment vacancies
Public appointment vacancies will usually be advertised in local and regional papers, as well as the department’s website and here on nidirect. Most appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments in Northern Ireland (CPA NI).
A list of current vacancies can be found below.
- Appointment of a chairperson and two board members to the Northern Ireland Police Fund
- Appointment of school governors
The Department of Justice (DOJ) is seeking to appoint a chairperson and two board members to the Northern Ireland Police Fund.
- remuneration: chairperson - £6,000 per annum, board members - not remunerated, travel and subsistence allowances may be payable
- period of appointment: four years commencing on 1 April 2016
- time commitment: chairperson - four to five days per month, board members - one day per month
- regulated by CPA NI: yes
You can find out more, including how to apply, on the DOJ website at the link below.
- Appointment of a chairperson and two board members to the Northern Ireland Police Fund - DOJ website
Closing date for applications - 4 pm 16 February 2016
The Department of Education (DE) invites applications for school governor positions.
The role of the Board of Governors is to manage the school with a view to providing the best possible education and educational opportunities for all of the pupils.
- remuneration: none
- period of appointment: up to four years
- time commitment: varies depending on school requirements
- regulated by CPA NI: no
You can find out more, including how to apply, at the link below.