Skip to content

Apply for a Community Care Grant

Community Care Grants help people on low incomes when moving out of residential care to live independently in the community. Information on Community Care Grants can be easily accessed by calling the freephone number 0800 022 4250 (calls are free from BT landline and most mobiles).

How to use this service

Use the links below to download and complete a claim form or contact the Social Security Agency for a claim form.

Download a form

A Community Care Grant is to provide commuity care.

You make a claim by printing out a claim form and filling it in. When you have filled in the form you can either:

Important: The date the claim form is received in a Social Security Agency office is the date we can consider payment from - not the date you downloaded the claim form.

Ask for a form

You can get Community Care Grant forms from the Social Security Agency.  Contact one of their offices.

More useful links