Skip to content

We can't find the page you're looking for

The page you are looking for on the nidirect website has not been found. If you have typed the URL directly into the address bar in your browser please check it's right. If you got here following a link from another website, that link may no longer be correct.

Here are some options

If you're having trouble finding the information you want, try the following pages:

Your responsibilities when employing a professional carer | nidirect

Guide to these responsibilities you take on an employer when you employ a professional carer or personal assistant

Direct payments - arranging your own care and services | nidirect

If you are a disabled person, instead of having services provided directly by your council, you may be able to get direct payments instead to choose and buy services yourself to meet your assessed needs.

Working while you study : paying tax | nidirect

Paying Income Tax and National Insurance if you are working while studying, plus information for those who are self-employed, working abroad or foreign students working in the UK

Tax if you're self-employed and getting a pension | nidirect

Make sure you're not paying too much tax if you're self-employed and have reached State Pension age

National Insurance and your State Pension statement | nidirect

Your State Pension forecast may be affected by National Insurance (NI) rules. Find out about the new rules for topping up your NI contributions, reduced rate NI and when you have to pay NI.