Skip to content

We can't find the page you're looking for

The page you are looking for on the nidirect website has not been found. If you have typed the URL directly into the address bar in your browser please check it's right. If you got here following a link from another website, that link may no longer be correct.

Here are some options

If you're having trouble finding the information you want, try the following pages:

Housing Benefit and Rate Relief | nidirect

Find out more about Housing Benefit and Rate Relief

Benefits and help when going back to work | nidirect

How going back to work affects your benefits - and what extra help you could get once you start work

How tenants can apply for Housing Benefit | nidirect

If you rent your home, whether through the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE), a housing association or a private landlord and you wish to apply for Housing Benefit, you must apply through the NIHE.

Rate Relief for tenants | nidirect

If you are a tenant and you are getting only partial help with your rates through Housing Benefit you may be entitled to extra help through the Rate Relief Scheme. Other people just outside the Housing Benefit limits ...

Lone Pensioner Allowance | nidirect

Ratepayers aged 70 or over and living alone may be entitled to a 20 per cent reduction in their rates.